Friday, October 23, 2009

CMJ 2009: Wednesday

These United States @ CMJ 2009
These United States

Day two of CMJ was 4 parts hangover, 3 parts meetings, 3 parts rock show. Basically, what I am trying to say is that I completely slacked off and only saw 3 bands. I hid away in The Living Room, nursing a Magic Hat, until the place was flooded. Confronted by familiar faces, I was more keen to exit than be sociable. So I wandered into Piano's, where These United States, who I had never actually seen before, got me feeling human again.





Then after a short break. I hit up an official CMJ show, my first. After one of the strangest opening acts, who I have already blocked out, The Boy Bathing came on with a completely new line-up, new material, new everything. There were a few unmentionables in between, but it was mostly a light day.

Buy These United States' records!!
Buy The Boy Bathing's records!!

No comments: