Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One year of Sitcom Serf!!!



Firstly, I think I have some splainin' to do. I have been on vacation for the last 2 months in Europe, which apart from the OFFSET festival in England, was a relatively concert-free time for me. I filmed a few shows that I went to in various London clubs, but nothing worth posting. If you checked this blog often in that time, then you must have had a low feeling, an emotional goose egg. I'm sure it was devastating.

CMJ marks the one year anniversary of Sitcom Serf. Thanks to the blog I originally wrote the CMJ 2008 article for - If it wasn't for their negligence, I would have never started my own. Since then, I have grown quite fond of the whole thing. Recording one's own experiences is incredibly valuable, the same way that a history is. Granted, the former is a microcosm, but it promotes the exact same type of understanding. I feel like I am a much more formidable person after a year of vain, solipsistic refection. Who knew? This week is my penance. I am going to flagellate myself at CMJ. Bands I have to see: Kittens Ablaze, Emanuel and The Fear, and Unicycle Loves You.

No comments: